Thread: Video Games?
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

I really, REALLY hate bugs in games, especially bugs that make it so you cannot finish the game.

I was playing Pool Of Radiance 2: Ruins of Myth Drannor and I was almost finished. I was in the Elvish Catacombs: The Prisons level and went to a room that housed the Dreadsword Daemonic(a weapon that would have been very good for my party). Alas, the first time I got there I was ambushed by undead and decided to reload. I reloaded the game and the second I went to that area the game made a weird sound and a 'engine.exe has found an error' and I had to click on the 'OK' option in the window that popped up. It then booted me to the desktop! I tried reloading the last save game(it crashed at the same spot) and even a couple of older ones(same thing) to no avail.

So, either all my saves are corrupted(for a game that is no longer supported as it is a 2001/2002 game that did not sell very well) or the engine.exe file got pooched somehow. I am thinking of copying the save files and moving them to a different folder and then reinstalling the game, but I am not sure if that will even work.

I am really cheesed off about this because I was almost done the freaking game and had spent a fair amount of time on it(enough time that I will NOT be starting over). I.....hate......bugs!

I am going to install Baldur's Gate and play it now instead. I know it is a lot more stable as I played it a few years back(but didn't finish it). I am going to play it, Tales of the Sword Coast, Shadows of Ahm, and Throne of Bhaal. Good times to be had!