View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to smc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGirl lover View Post
At least you called it by it's right name: Soccer

Not my thing. American football is where it's at, but if I must choose a soccer team it would be the New England Revolution.
Why must Americans be so arrogant! (By the way, I am an American and I also live in New England, where the Revolution is the local professional team.) This is the world's game, and throughout the world it is called "football." It's one thing to adopt the same name for a completely different game -- so-called American football. It's another thing altogether to go around telling people that because the Americans have done so, the rest of you throughout the world have to "call it by it's right name, soccer." Just another example of American Imperialism!!

Of course, this is all made easier for me by the fact that American football -- and to say this is heresy, but here goes -- is an insipid game, artless and brutal, in which a bunch of guys with overactive pituitary glands stand on a line, listen to someone shout "hut", and then jump on one another.

Baseball -- now that's the greatest sport humankind has ever invented!

I do like football, though (by which I mean real football), and I guess I would say my favorite team is Bayern München -- partially in deference to my wonderful friends in Munich who take me to games when I visit them in Germany.