View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

JodieTs has much to be proud ofJodieTs has much to be proud ofJodieTs has much to be proud ofJodieTs has much to be proud ofJodieTs has much to be proud ofJodieTs has much to be proud ofJodieTs has much to be proud ofJodieTs has much to be proud of

And more.
an on-line debate
{I'm Misha in the thread, thats my real name}

Progesterone

Quote: SouthernBabe said:
As Im having bone work done for a new joint,

Quote:Kimberley_Whittaker said:
It might be an idea to speak to both an endocrinologist and your surgeon on the use of progesterone and it's effects on Bone growth.
Dr Seal is the "Endo" at the CX GIC, and also provides a private service there too.

mishadark Posted: 19 Nov 2008 17:44
Kim, I met Dr Seal last year, where he gave a talk.*
He is dead set against Progesterone for ts's coz of androgenisation effects. +* progesterone is not present in recent post pubescent women....WTF?
Also can inhibit breast development

So, Dr S may be reticent to agreeing to progesterone.*

Also, a ton of anecdotal comments from loads of ts's say Progesterone has benefits.

Nats_Wallis Admirer Posted: 19 Nov 2008 18:53
Seal is most likely referring to the real side effects of Provera, medoxyprogesterone which has long been supperceded.

Duphaston never had those side effects though Solvay Health discontinued it about 9 months ago. The alternatives are:

Cyclogest vaginal pessaries or if you do not have a vagina, they are also suppositories.

OR

Femoston 2/10 tablets which are in 28 mg strips of 28 tablets, 14 are just 2mg estradiol and then you take two weeks of tablets containing 2mg estradiol AND 10mg of dydrogesterone.

Cyclogest disrupted the flora and fauna of my vagina so I stopped them. I now take 2mg Zumonon and 1 tablet of Femoston daily (5 yrs postop) so for 2 weeks I get a burst of progestogen and I feel fab and my nipples are lovely and sensitive now.

In tests done by me some time ago now, after being given 4 weeks of Duphaston, all TS women reported breast growth and an enhanced feeling of well being. No endo in the UK has done ANY tests with TS subjects so are only citing US tests using Provera, the same tests done that showed Premarin increases cancer risk. Snag is both Provera and Premarin have a massive user base in the USA and so remain well known in older ts information sites.*

So people spout out facts as if they are correct without validating the source and doing extra research themselves. And most GD related docs seem quite happy to disregard the real experiences of TS women as if our lives and experiences are irrelvant. Further, few TS women go back to GICs or Private providers post operatively so very little information is known about post op ts women and their HRT regimes.