View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

johndowe is infamous around these partsjohndowe is infamous around these partsjohndowe is infamous around these partsjohndowe is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excaliborg View Post
first off let me say that at one stage or another we were all n00bs. someone who knew nothing when it came to technology. we learn by looking, reading and asking. lucky for me only two people saw me as a n00b, and they fixed that by giving me a stack of pc mags and a pile of hardware and telling me to have fun.

but i digress. all too often i see people asking help in an infantile manner, using excessive question makrs and exclamation marks(not here though). the only thing this does is piss everyon else off. so dont whine, cry, moan and groan. state the nature of the problem in the best english(or whatever language you use) possible. also include what you have done to resolve the issue. provide as much detail as possible, what you were doing at the time the error occured, etc. remember that google is your friend, use it wisely.

the same goes for walking into a store and buying a pc or pc components. dont just walk up to the nearest salesperson and plonk down your cash and shout "GIMME PC!". you should have a clear mental picture of how much you are willing to spend and what you are going to use the pc for.

i hope these rambling thoughts of mine help in some way.
Hi there.

Great advice, in computers the First piece of advice i give to some one who's looking to buy a computer is: DON'T BUY A MAC, BUY A PC.

WHY? 2 reasons: 1- $$$$, with MAC's and anything APPLE you have to pay for EVERYTHING, iPhone, iMac & iPod. 2- Software, this is the most important one, 99.9% of the Mac software is avaliable for the PC, BUT about 70% of PC software is avaliable for the MAC, and not just the cheap stuff as some MAC enthusiasts will tout.

JohnDowe.