Thread: Fans of LOST?
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRH View Post
I was floored by the series finale. I think the first time I cried was when Sun and Jin flashed back and had their memories of being on the island. There were several more points where I cried...Tears of both sadness and joy. It was a very emotional ride for me. But I can't believe the show is over. There is no more LOST to ever look forward to.

BIG MAJOR SPOILERS FOR THE FINALE!!!! READ AHEAD ONLY IF YOU'VE WATCHED IT ALREADY!!!

Here are the scenes that hit me the most.

1. The Sun/Jin scene that you mentioned(how sad is it that Jin never even got to see his daughter in the "main" reality?). Also, the actual scene in the earlier episode where Jin and Sun held each other's hand in the sub before they finally drowned.

2. When Jack passed away in the final scene, in the exact same spot where he first awoke in the Pilot. Instead of Vincent licking his cheek and Jack waking up and opening his eyes, in the final scene Vincent licks his cheek and then Jack closes his eyes forever.

3. Claire giving birth to Aaron and then seeing Charlie for who he truly was, and they could have the moment that was robbed from them on the Island.

4. Hurley realizing that Jack was passing on the mantle of Protector to him, and that Jack wasn't going to be back to reclaim it.

5. Jack and Kate saying "I love you." to each other, and Jack remaining silent when Kate asks if she will see him again.

6. Juliet and Sawyer being reunited at last.

7. Ben being truly remourseful for what he did to Locke rather than pretending like he did before. I think at that moment it showed that he truly was a changed man(for the better).

8. Sayid and Shannon kissing in the alleyway and remembering their lost love.

Being a fellow, I will say that I did not cry at all during the finale. I did, however, find some specks of dust getting into my eyes from time to time that caused my eyes to tear up. Darn dust...

The main reason that I was disappointed with the finale is that it did not go in the direction that I had mapped out in my mind before watching it. I had hoped that rather than being Purgatory, it really was an Alternate reality and that they would be merged with the main reality. Therefore, Locke would be restored into his body(healed both of spirit and body) and all of the ones that had passed on would be restored again on the Island.

I do take some solace in the fact that they were all together at the end, and that they would be taking the journey to their next destination together.