View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

TracyCoxx is infamous around these partsTracyCoxx is infamous around these partsTracyCoxx is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
This is the greatest sophism you have yet posted, Tracy Coxx. Taken to it's logical conclusion, you essentially reserve for yourself the right to make up any quote, attribute it to anyone, and because it's not a "forum rule" you don't have to be held accountable for dishonesty. You must be very proud of yourself for that.
So you're saying that I said I reserve for myself the right to make up any quote and attribute it to anyone since there's no forum rule against it. Hmmm, did I really say that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyCoxx View Post
I'll consider adding footnotes and bibliographies to my posts as soon as that becomes a forum rule.
Nope. Quite a lot of things are said on this forum without references, believe it or not. I'll put in the extra work when I'm working on my thesis, but it's not a forum rule here so I'll omit my bibliography. I never said I had the right to make up quotes.

Quote:
and because it's not a "forum rule" you don't have to be held accountable for dishonesty.
That doesn't sound like anything I said either. Let's review.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyCoxx View Post
Until then you're free to prove that Karl Marx never said that.
Dang, that actually sounds like the opposite of what I said. Interesting.

Quote:
I won't even waste the forum's time with the discussion of the "proving a negative" strategy that is intellectually bankrupt -- but that you employ nonetheless.
Actually you imply a negative with your skepticism. I'll give you a hint here to help you out though: You could cite who the real source of the quote is. Then I'd look pretty silly. Otherwise your accusation is coming out of left field.

Quote:
Notably, by calling me a troll, aren't you doing exactly the same thing you accuse Enoch Root of doing? The answer is clearly yes.
Yes, I'm doing the exact same thing I did with Enoch Root: Uncover hypocrisy.

Quote:
As for not contributing to this thread, that's not really for you to decide. You only have the right to start your political threads, not determine who gets to post in them.
You twist my words again. I have never "determined" who should post here. I said "Kindly find another thread to troll". First off, that only refers to your trolling posts. In reality it would be rule 4 that would restrict your off topic posts: "Stick to the issues". Please stay. I'm sure I would have so much to learn by your example about rule 4.

Quote:
I seek to contribute by confronting positions you take and challenging you to back them up. That is a basic part of political discourse
Not all attitudes are conducive to political discourse though. I recognize them for what they are and TRY to avoid them. I admit I haven't been too good at that lately. When I do respond I explain my side but I recognize that my position will not be agreed with. I'm not going to beat it into you. I say my piece and move on. It is a given that you wouldn't accept my reasoning. Not my problem.

Quote:
I have every confidence that -- REGARDLESS of the political positions you adopt or I adopt -- that who is really the troll is clear to anyone who takes an honest look.
I will have to admit that 39% of your posts here have actually been more or less on the thread's topic.