View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007
Senior Ladyboy Lover

eliogabalo is infamous around these partseliogabalo is infamous around these partseliogabalo is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlover View Post
Elio, I Didn't think about the pope "law" in Italy.

I don't know a lot about civil marriages for none UK residence so ive tried to find out as much as i can for you, it's a bit complex but basically-

They are called Civil partnerships for same sex partners and are basically the same as marriage in that you have all the same rights and privileges of marriage at all levels.
However the ceremony cannot be performed at religious buildings only at a registrar's offices.
You have to have lived in the district where you are getting married for at least 7 day's before giving notice of marriage to the registrar, you both have to go giving proof of your age, full names, and nationality, then you have to wait 15 days before you can married .
You could come over for a holiday for about 3-4 weeks, that would cover it for you.
You can get an entry clearance visa pacifically for a civil partnership from an entry clearance officer at a British embassy in your country.
You will need to prove you have lived together for at lest a year (i think).
Obviously the British embassy will be able to tell you a lot more and all the rules etc.
The only problem i see is that sadly, i doubt your country will recognize the marriage.
It would be great if you did tie the knot here, i wish you and luiza Lot's of luck.
You're incredibly nice ... thanks for the informations! The panther says she want marry me when i'll find a permanent job and i hope this will happen next year .... UK is a modern nation... We are still in the middle age. You can't imagine the power of the catholic church in Italy. Many politicians are coward and fear to lose votes if they don't comply with the pope and the bishops.
The premier Romano Prodi was willing to introduce some civil rights for the homosexual couples, but the ultracatholical faction of the "left" (?) doesn't accept this ...