View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009
aw9725

For the most part, I like the holiday season very much. I have many fond memories of Christmases in Michigan with my family. The "over commercialization" of it is unfortunate but I think what one should do is try to overlook that and find their own unique way of celebrating the season.

This year, I am most likely going to Arizona to visit family and then from there go to San Diego and then Las Vegas to see friends. We decided to not buy any gifts this year but instead choose something personal (or make something) to exchange with another family member. It will be my first Christmas "alone" and so I would like to get away for a while. We usually get about 4 weeks off between semesters so it will be a long time to fill.

"TheAngryPostman" mentioned what occured during WWI in an earlier post. That really did happen. If anyone is interested, I recommend "Silent Night: The Remarkable Christmas Truce of 1914" by Stanley Weintraub.

Anyway, this is getting too serious so I will just say that this year I am asking Santa for Kelly, Yeidi, Foxy, and Camila. Hope the old SOB comes through!

Later...

Last edited by aw9725; 09-14-2009 at 08:50 PM.