Thread: Sarah Palin
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

oldawg is a name known to alloldawg is a name known to alloldawg is a name known to alloldawg is a name known to alloldawg is a name known to alloldawg is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAngryPostman View Post
My gripe isn't with the names per se, it is with the parents who name them that because they think it is a "cute" name to name their baby. C'mon! You are naming a future adult, not a baby. The name should fit the person that is going to have it. Aiden is a manly Irish name only if your son grows up to be a huge muscular giant with a Lemmy or Fu Manchu or other type of facial hair.

Odds are that any child named like that nowadays has zero Irish ancestry and I guarantee you that any woman who names her baby Aiden or Jayden or Brayden did so because she 1) thought it was cute or 2) did it because that's what all the other moms are doing.

Naming your progeny should have alot of thought and consideration; it should not be done because a certain name is popular. Think of all the other moms out their who have named their kids Aiden or Jayden and now think of how many other kids are going to be named the same thing. Can you imagine a class full of Aidens, Braydens or Jaydens? The attempt at individuality has failed and is being parroted by millions of others. I can also guarantee you that he will end up being another one of those shaggy, ass-hugger jeans wearing emo kids that listen to My Chemical Romance or Green Day who has zero self-respect for himself and constantly cries for the approval for others.

Naming your demon spawn should not be a fad, it should show thought.
What? What the hell does this mean? I already posted for you the meaning, pronunciation, origin & history of these names. Wherever your hate or disrespect for these people & their names comes from, it doesn't change the fact that both the people & the names have been around for a long, long time, & will be around for much more.

& I also don't understand why you think the reasons you would name your child are the same reasons others would name their child. Everyone has their own beliefs, points of view & reasons for doing things. I wouldn't profess to know why anyone else behaves as they do (thats actually why asked you about your opinions on these names). To hear you say it, it seems everyone (or at least those with Irish names) is an idiot, can't think for themselves, & no doubt "he will end up being another one of those shaggy, ass-hugger jeans wearing emo kids that listen to My Chemical Romance or Green Day who has zero self-respect for himself and constantly cries for the approval for others".

I was attempting to understand your point of view, but now that its becoming clearer, I think I'll leave it alone. I thought you were being funny, but didn't laugh. Maybe I just don't get the "Angry Postman"?

Anyway, best wishes & sorry for taking up all this space in your thread...oldawg