View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020
Senior Ladyboy Lover

paladin68 can only hope to improve

That small black w/ red stripe looks like an old DAT cartridge. I still have a Panther mini 2000 DAT drive (SCSI) and a few cartridges but I haven't used it in years.

While i never owned a name brand desktop PC I've used the original compaq portable (with the little built in 9" green screen), IBM XT & AT, compaq 386, Apple IIe (with a microsoft softcard to make it a CPM machine), commodore 64 with tape and diskette drives, and still have a couple old ST412/MFM hard drives. I still have original IBM DOS 2.1 and 3.1 manuals & IBM Basic 3.0 manuals, and lots more.

When I switched to IBM ThinkPads over 20 years ago I always kept the old ones and have them rtom the 600 and 760 series (late 90s) and T series from T21 through T (&W) 530.

Anyone remember ARCnet, or Corvus Omninet?

Token ring - it wasn't even a ring configuration. It was really laid out just like star Ethernet (which we all use now).

Never used the original "thick" Ethernet - that was for very large installations. I did use and run lots of thin or "cheaper"net BNC connected coax Ethernet before the star configuration took over.