Thread: "Real Girls"
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

orion is on a distinguished road

This is a fascinating thread and one which I'm sure will run & run ..

I agree Bionca, that labels are a pain ... I,for example, dislike the term "Admirer" .. to me that conjures up a vision of a sad little man in a dirty raincoat, lurking furtively on the edges of the Transgendered scene ... It most certainly doesn't describe me .. I prefer to describe myself (if I have to wear a label at all) as a "Suitor" .. as that best describes who and what I am ...

I suppose we could call those born genetically Female either "RG's" .. "GG's" or "NG's" (Natal Girls) ... but again, we're back to putting people into boxes ..

No matter how hard the Politically Correct lobby tries to counter it .. the world has been "pigeon-holing" people since time began .. and it won't change ..

Some terms of reference are, without doubt more offensive than others .. personally, I don't much like the word "Tranny" .. yet I hear it often being used amongst many of the Transgendered women I know .. so what do you do ? .. I've even heard the expression "Trannier than Thou" being bandied around in conversation & used as a put-down for a Transgendered woman who believes herself a cut above others ..

I'm sad to learn of the difficulties experienced by some writers concerning their dealings with Police .. here in UK we have the Gender Recognition Act .. and no Police Officer would risk his/her job by overstepping the mark .. in fact, I personally know two serving UK Police officers .. both of whom are MtF Transsexuals ..

My former partner (with whom I was in a two year relationship) and who, at that time was still Pre-op, was stopped late one night in Central London by Police .. because on her way home from the Hospital where she worked she'd pulled over to answer her mobile phone, right outside a sensitive Government building .. the Police checked her vehicle documents, which were still in her "Birth" name .. verified that she was who she said she was & was in lawful possession of the vehicle .. and throughout the encounter addressed her as "Miss Robin" ...

To say that "All Cops are assholes" is painting with a very broad brush indeed .. and is as untrue as saying .. "All TG people are the same" .. or "All Blacks are drug dealers" ... Think about it logically ..

Bye for now,

Orion ..