View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017
elexis666

I think some of the fascination may come from people who aren't comfortable with who they are and who they are attracted to just looking for a way to not feel guilty. Societal conventions and pressures can really mess people up, and if you are tricked into liking something society says you shouldn't, then it's not really on you. Now I think that is shitty, and as someone who grew up in a very conservative religious house, it especially bugs me. People should be free to be who they are and love who they love and not feel judged for it.

I also think in some cases it's a can be a positive thing. If a "trap" helps you to realize something about yourself, that's a good thing, right? We are all just people trying to find our way.

Finally, I think part of it is simply that people are attracted to taboos. If society tells me I shouldn't like something, of course it's gonna make me want to learn more about it.

I get why people are offended by the term, and while I'm not great at it, I try to get my language right. However, until society grows up, we'll always be stuck with uncomfortable terms. All you can do is try to treat everyone with empathy and do your best to understand them.

All that being said, I am attracted to the concept of blurred gender lines, and most people I've seen who refer to themselves as "traps" are totally hot to me.

Life is confusing, and I'm not very good at it.