Thread: Immigration law
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

GRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by randolph View Post
Tracy, you are absolutely right, they are illegal aliens. You are wrong about the taxes. They come up here to work to support their families. They obtain fake documentation and are hired as if they were legal. Income taxes and SS taxes are deducted from their paychecks. They do jobs that spoiled Americans are unwilling to do. They clean motel rooms, wash dishes, pick fruit, hoe weeds and raise our crops.
I'm unemployed right now and I would GLADLY perform any of these duties without complaint, to support MY LEGAL family. My only stipulation would be to make the federal/state minimum wage...Which in MY experience, most immigrant workers demanded more than that (typically $10/hour). And I'd pay the taxes and SS too, without attributing it to a false set of papers. Why should some damn illegal get work that I'm willling to do first?

Quote:
These are essential services and alien workers do it cheaply and without complaining. The main problem is they bring their families up here. The wife and children put a strain on public services, health care, schools and housing.
And my spouse and family pay our taxes, we have health insurance, etc., etc. We are not the drain on the system that the illegal family is. So once again, why should an illegal get my job?

Quote:
My agricultural company could not have survived without these hardworking guys from Mexico and Guatemala willing to work nine hours a day six days a week for a modest wage.
Personally, I'd LOVE to make it utterly impossible for you to survive with them. If it were my call, we'd regularly screen companies for illegal workers (and we'd make it easier for employers to screen their workforce). If you were caught with just one illegal on your payroll, you'd be fined $10,000 and a subsequent fine of $10,000 for every other illegal caught on your audited payroll. Too many strikes, and just like a person, your corporate personhood would be sent away for life for breaking the law too many times. In short, your corporation would be dissolved and liquidated and sold to the highest bidder.

Quote:
We cannot stop them from coming up here. What needs to be done is once they have a job, give them a work permit that allows them to legally travel back and forth to Mexico so they can leave their families there where it is much cheaper for them to live.
Wrong, we should make work IMPOSSIBLE for them to obtain, so they crawl their way back across the border and make due with what opportunities they can get from where they came from.

Quote:
Unfortunately, our political system is so fucked up, the situation will never be resolved.
THIS, I completely agree with. I don't look for your solutions, mine, or ANYONE who has sensible solutions to ever have them actually implemented.