View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

sesame has a spectacular aura aboutsesame has a spectacular aura about

I didnt compare his life with that of Jesus. His unjust trial and torture reminded me of that of Jesus.
Quote:
10) ...In the hall of the trial, Wallace was crowned with oak leaves and mocked as the king of the Outlaws!
11) After the phony trial, on 23 August 1305, Wallace was immediately taken from the hall to face the real punishment of death in the Most Gruesome Manner possible! He was dragged over the road through the city of London naked and trampled by horses hooves. Wallace endured unspeakable pain as he was strangled by hanging but released still alive, again and again! His genitals were severed while he was alive. His guts were cut open from his belly and fried in front of him! And finally thank God, his battered head was kindly cut off! Wow! It reminds me of Jesus Christ!
If Sir William Wallace was not fighting to regain some dignity for his country, to free her from the Tyranny of the usurper Edward 1, what was he fighting for? For fun perhaps? If he was not a freedom fighter what was he, a soldier for hire?

"Just because he was not poor, he couldnt be a Hero or a Martyr." This line of thinking is totally devoid of valid reasoning. Wallace's ancestors were regarded as "noblemen', but that is debated as are his actual date of birth or his place of origin (Elderslie, Johnstone debatable???). Here opinion is divided. Some describe him as of humble origin and some of nobility. The Statue at Wallace Monument was built around 1869 and Wallace was from 1305. So do you really think that the real Wallace gave sittings for the sculptors?

But with your opinion that tries to make a freedom struggle look like a personal war of a few selfish nobles, I cant agree. I think you should appreciate his valour and give him due credit.
Quote:
poor scottish people were concened, when they fought were wallace they were just doning at they always did, fighting for some noble
All arguments aside, Anna, its a rare pleasure to debate with you. I respect your intelligence.

Last edited by sesame; 07-29-2008 at 04:22 PM.