View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

johndowe is infamous around these partsjohndowe is infamous around these partsjohndowe is infamous around these partsjohndowe is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailove View Post
Thanks for the replie, I have another question I would like to ask. A while ago I got a virus. My antiviral software did nothing to help. (Nortons) The only solution I found was to reload windows xp, the old copy is still on my computer taking up space on my hard drive. When I start my computer I have a choice of 2 different installations of windows.I guess my question is: is there any easy way to delete this extra copy of windows or any easy way to wipe everything off my hard drive and just reload 1 copy of windows ? I still have my original disc with product code. Your help would be appreciated.
Hi there.

Any anti-virus will stop older well known viruses, but not all anti-viruses are kept up to date to stop the newest viruses.

How the intivirus works, is first it checks for older viruses in it's database, then ith checks the "behavior" of the programs, and if it does something it deems not "cosher" then it stops the process and flags it, but the line between well behaved programs and viruses is not all that well defined so some viruses may defeat this and infect your CPU.

This beeing said, when you installed the second copy of win you made a little mistake, you had to delete the partitions and re partition the drive with only one copy of win, but what is done is done.

Trying to erase the first copy of win can be problematic, Microsoft in it's infinite wisdom (ah ah ah) has probably used some of the files from the first win in the second one also it has a virus, so to be safe i would do a back-up of your most important files check 2 -3 more times to be sure and wipe everything and start from scratch with a reformated re installed win XP.

I am thining if i shouldn't do a post on installing win in detail and with all or most of the software you need to get up an running without having to allways look for programs you used to have or you should have...

JohnDowe.