View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

johndowe is infamous around these partsjohndowe is infamous around these partsjohndowe is infamous around these partsjohndowe is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyCoxx View Post
Ok thanks. I didn't know if I needed to replace the fan, or if there was a power supply problem and the CPU fan was underpowered because of that low Vcore voltage reading I saw.
Hi there.

The CPU Voltage varies from 1.2 to 1.5 Volts, depending on the CPU, if you tell me which cpu you have i can check what the proper voltage should be, but the 1.2 to 1.5V (approx is generated on the main board from either the 5V or the 3.3V of the Power Suply (PSU), but it's usually the 3.3V, if replacing the fan doesn't help you have to change your main board, if you have opened the case, check if the capacitor tops are flat or "bubbled" if they are there is a major problem with the main board, and has to be replaced and if the Voltage to the CPU was always LOW it should be fine.

The capacitors are the smallish cans that are spread throughout the main board and have a y type indent in the aluminium case top, they should be flat, but the Y is there to allow the pressure of the bad cap(acitor) to make it bubble to see that it is bad.

Also the fans do not work off of the cpu voltage, but the 5V or the 12V and those are fine.

JohnDowe.

Last edited by johndowe; 11-04-2009 at 05:29 AM.