View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by valentinetabitha View Post
The last few months I've noticed something very interesting as I've tried to meet people online. All the time I see "No face pic, not interested" posted on people's profiles. Why such a bias?

Some of us don't have the luxury of outting ourselves right now. I do as much as I can with my Yahoo avatar and all, but I just can't risk taking pictures, especially of my face, at the moment. Given that so many others have been in this position as well, why is it so hard to understand?
I wonder why they care so much if a person posts a picture of themselves in the first place? It's not like they would know if someone was using a picture of someone other than themselves, right?

And you can't judge a person by their Avatar alone. They could look really hot in the Avatar, but they could be a totally vapid individual or a total sleazeball.

I get what you are saying, and I agree that there are cases of bias online. However, I think that the people that are more interested in getting to know the person outnumber the people that are only interested if "pictures are attached". Idiotic sites like "Hot or Not" are the exception.