Thread: Movie Quotes
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011
St. Araqiel

Roy Cohn: "AIDS." "Homosexual." "Gay." "Lesbian." You think these are names that tell you who a person sleeps with, but they don't tell you that.
Henry: No?
Roy Cohn: No. Like all labels, they tell you one thing, and one thing only: Where does an individual so identified fit into the food chain, the pecking order? Not ideology or sexual taste, but something much simpler: clout. Not who I fuck or who fucks me, but who will come to the phone when I call, who owes me favors. This is what a label refers to. Now, to someone who does not understand this, a homosexual is what I am because I have sex with men, but really, this is wrong. A homosexual is somebody who, in fifteen years of trying, cannot get a pissant anti-discrimination bill through the city council. A homosexual is somebody who knows nobody and who nobody knows. Who has zero clout. Does this sound like me, Henry? — Angels in America

Belize: [seeing that Roy appears dead] Is he...?
Ethel Rosenberg: Mm-hm.
Roy Cohn: [rising from his bed] No, I'm not! I fooled you, Ethel! I knew it was you the whole time! I can't believe you actually fell for that "Ma" stuff! I just wanted to see if I could finally, finally make Ethel Rosenberg sing! I win!
[starts to flatline again]
Roy Cohn: Oh...fuck. — Angels in America

Dr. Peter Venkman: Alice, I'm going to ask you a couple of standard questions, okay? Have you or any member of your family ever been diagnosed schizophrenic? Mentally incompetent?
Alice: My uncle thought he was Saint Jerome.
Dr. Peter Venkman: I'd call that a big "yes." Are you habitually using drugs, stimulants, alcohol?
Alice: No!
Dr. Peter Venkman: Just asking. Are you, Alice, menstruating right now?
Roger Delacourte: [concerned] What does that got to do with it?
Dr. Peter Venkman: [slowly turns his head to Roger] Back off, man. I'm a scientist. — Ghostbusters

Red: Where you think you're goin', Mr. Wiggles? Get back here! Feisty!
Dale Denton: Saul, help me! Help me! He's punching my bum! I'm done with this!
Red: No, you're not. No, you're not!
Dale Denton: Let's try words! Use words!Pineapple Express

Last edited by St. Araqiel; 01-29-2011 at 12:50 AM.