View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009
Communicator

Mel Asher is infamous around these partsMel Asher is infamous around these parts
Default Keep on Running

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tread View Post
The artificial hormones affect directly and over life. They raise the amount of female hormones in the body. Depending how sensible every individual is to the hormones, the relation between male and female hormones, and at what developing state the human is, it influences people. Female and male could get more female shapes, males can get less good sperm, and in early brain development it could support a female brain in a male developing body.
The biggest effects happen at pre birth and childhood.
This about sums it up. Set against this the tendency for British newspapers to sensationalise genuine observations and research in order to sell copy. I mean how many times over the past five years have they switched their stance over the use of Aspirin and salicylates in Preventative Medicine ? I've lost count ! !

Here we have two sets of observations, one in the animal world among freshwater fish, and the other in the human world with its obsessive use of statistics, and a totally unproved hypothesis being constructed out of it as a result eagerly seized upon by a ravening Press. Ugh ! !

OK. How about this then : Never mind the Phthalates, how about their chemical kindred the Phthaleins ? They result in rampant diarrhoea in humans, so when I'm constipated perhaps I'd better chew some plastic ! How ridiculous an assumption is that ? Only slightly less ridiculous than the ones made about other chemical derivatives.
Trouble is, the Media can't wait for genuine research to run its course before feverishly rushing to Press.

I'd be a lot more worried about Fluorocarbons in the Environment, myself.

Hey - and who's to say that a little more Bi-sexuality mighn't be a lot more fun ?