View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010
aw9725

That?s a tough call! The Chargers/Jets game is just about to start as I write this. Don?t really know who I would like to see Indy play. Phillip Rivers is a good quarterback and San Diego has recently become Indy?s ?nemesis? taking that role away from New England. They are also on their way up as the season ends. They have never won a championship and are ?hungry.?

On the other hand, the Jets have the #1 ranked defense and were playing very well against our starters until Indy?s ?management? decided to bench ?Peyton and Co.? Let the record show that we were ahead 15-10 at that stage and may have indeed won with our 1st team (at least I think so). I still question that decision mainly because it let a potentially dangerous competitor into the playoffs--if we had taken them out and gone 15-1 (the Buffalo game truly was meaningless), we wouldn?t have to worry about New York. On the other hand, we will never know who would have won.

Right now, the Colts have so much going for them that it would be damned hard for anyone to beat them--especially here at home. You should see how crazy it is here already. They looked good last night and Peyton has so many ?targets? to throw to: Wayne, Clark, Collie, Garcon, and even Addai. They have enough of a ?running game? to give Manning a break every couple of downs. The defense is playing well and has shored up the ?middle? with a couple of 300 pound run stoppers. Dwight Freeney is still one of the best pass rushers around and Melvin Bullitt (is that a cool name or what?) has stepped in at Strong Safety and has made some big plays for us (kids are already sporting #33 jerseys). He is the one that stopped New England?s shot at going for it on 4th down earlier this year.

At this stage it comes down to execution on game day. Either New York or San Diego will be tough. If Indy brings it?s ?A? game next week neither one will stand a chance--if not, then San Diego or New York may be going to Miami in February. Update: it's still 0-0 as I post.