View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009
aw9725

Default Run the table? Maybe not...

Can't believe the Colts "management"! Haven't they learned anything from past experience? Each time they have "rested" their starters--they have had an early exit from the playoffs. Their one Super Bowl victory came after they played hard through the entire season. Including a tough come from behind win over New England here at the old RCA Dome.

Even worse, this "bonehead" move came just as San Diego is peaking. New England is always tough... Cincinnati even smells blood. Now, instead of coming into Lucas facing a 16-0 "machine" and pumped-up fans, they will face a team that has lost its stride and probably its last two games. Hell, as one sportswriter pointed out, we might even lose to the Jets in the playoffs--wouldn't that be "poetic justice"?

I ran into my good friend and our university's basketball coach Monday and asked him what he would have done in the same situation--would he have pulled his starters? He looked at me like I was nuts for even asking--then said "You play to win." "Always."