View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila View Post
I had a TDoR service in my office as I had planned. It was just myself, none of my co-workers attended. I had a few minutes of silence as I thought about all the transgender people that have suffered abuse and hatred. It is truly sad as I ran through a mental list of all that have suffered. I shed a tear (or two or more) as I thought of those who didn't have to die. At the end of my silence and contemplation I vowed to do better and to try harder to make this world a better place for all transgender people.

As an asidie, I walked over to my co-workers' offices after I had finished my service and they were busy with customers, so maybe they were busy when I had my service. I will give them the benefit of the doubt.
That was a moving post, Ila. And to give them the benefit of the doubt is nice as well, as thinking otherwise could just give you un-needed irritation. You performed the service, and perhaps knowing that you went through with it and what it stood for, they will choose to attend next year's service. Optimism is a good thing to have.