View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

osborne2091 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionca View Post
Hmm.. OK.. I do have a problem with casting non-trans people to play trans parts (Ugly Betty for example) particularly when there are plenty of trans actresses looking for work. I also think some clarification/correction needs to be done.

The story was not about titilation - it was about a trans* woman reconnecting with her son, so it being a "turn on" really has no place. It surprises me that it is shocking to many people that trans* women have lives, needs, and issues that do not involve sex.

Victor/Victoria was about a woman trying to be a man trying to be a woman. My life is not that story. There is no "try" there simply "is" - she is a trans* woman - that implies the misgendering of her past, the issues about claiming her truth and the actions taken to fix that.
Fully agree Bionca - however my point was the non-trans cast playing the trans part made it less realistic (despite portraying realistic life struggles). Sexual or not I would have better enjoyed the movie had it cast a real life "man" going thru "her" own personal issues - obviously "turn on" was a poor choice of words. Would you settle for excite, embrace, believe, a greater emotional connection - I guess I trying to define the non physical attributes of being "turned on". Clarification was obviously warranted - so i thank you.