View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009
Ms Tranny Manners

Bionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by osborne2091 View Post
i didn't like it too much - yes the story/acting was interesting but having a girl play a guy trying to be a girl no. I would have found it much more interesting (and a turn on) if i knew it was actually a guy going thru all these "changes".
Hmm.. OK.. I do have a problem with casting non-trans people to play trans parts (Ugly Betty for example) particularly when there are plenty of trans actresses looking for work. I also think some clarification/correction needs to be done.

The story was not about titilation - it was about a trans* woman reconnecting with her son, so it being a "turn on" really has no place. It surprises me that it is shocking to many people that trans* women have lives, needs, and issues that do not involve sex.

Victor/Victoria was about a woman trying to be a man trying to be a woman. My life is not that story. There is no "try" there simply "is" - she is a trans* woman - that implies the misgendering of her past, the issues about claiming her truth and the actions taken to fix that.