Thread: Barack Obama
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

TracyCoxx is infamous around these partsTracyCoxx is infamous around these partsTracyCoxx is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionca View Post
While you personally may be against treating different groups poorly, many who share your views do not. Or even worse, fail to see how not supporting issues like Gay marriage are harmful to actual people by making it difficult to access protections and services provided for hetro-married couples. Saying "what they do on their time doesn't bother me, but marriage is sacred".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vice Presidential Debate
Moderator: Let's try to avoid nuance, Senator. Do you support gay marriage?

BIDEN: No. Barack Obama nor I support redefining from a civil side what constitutes marriage. We do not support that. That is basically the decision to be able to be able to be left to faiths and people who practice their faiths the determination what you call it.

The bottom line though is, and I'm glad to hear the governor (Palin), I take her at her word, obviously, that she thinks there should be no civil rights distinction, none whatsoever, between a committed gay couple and a committed heterosexual couple. If that's the case, we really don't have a difference.
I'm confused. Why all the support for Obama on this issue?