View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

ARIES666 is just really niceARIES666 is just really niceARIES666 is just really niceARIES666 is just really niceARIES666 is just really nice
Default file on cd/rw drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeMind View Post
Well, to begin, what do you mean it's "stuck ON the CD Drive"?
The CD Drive itself is hardware, it's mechanical.
So, it's one thing to get an actual physical disc stuck in the drive, where the tray won't slide open or something like that.

So, what is it that you can't move or delete (or shows 0 bytes) -- a folder icon?
Do you have a window that keeps popping up repeatedly?
Do you mean you have an open window that's stuck open, that you can't close at all now?

Since you only posted your message about 3 or so hours ago, have you simply tried rebooting the computer?
No, there is no physical disc (cd, cdr or cdrw) in the tray. After downloading this file to the CD_RW DRIVE (D....it is now (QUOTE): "Files ready to be written to the cd". It was a video file that actually had some MegaBytes..maybe 30 or MB's...when it was downloading from the web. Now, this "file" has zero bytes and I cannot delete it or move it or download it to a cd. A "ballon" or "pop up"message always comes up when I turn on my computer "You have files waiting to be written...to see this files click this balloon". Re-booting means re-installing all my programs all over again a massive job.

I was told that I could actualy go into "System"----"Hardware Profiles"----"CD/ROM"----"Driver Profile"----"Delete Driver"----and then "Re-Install". But before I would even try that, since I am terrible with this "tech stuff", I thought I would get some second opinions.

Thanks Creative!!