Thread: Hockey
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbone View Post
Q:Why the Flyers? A: Eric Lindros and all the hype.
A student from Montreal moved into the flat next door to me about 15 years ago. He played hockey and always moaned that he couldn't watch NHL in the UK. He also said he'd played with Eric Lindros when he was younger - at the time Lindros was just about the only player apart from Wayne Gretzky I knew.
Eric Lindros was the big Philadelphia story I couldn't avoid when I was there in 1992. When it was eventually confirmed that he'd joined the Flyers, the Philadelphia media made it sound like the Flyers had signed 'the new Gretzky'. I suppose I now realise their joy in beating the Rangers to his signature.
When Five started showing hockey I picked the Flyers to catch Lindros. Was Lindros worth all the fuss? Clearly the Avalanche benefitted from the trade. Did it cost the Flyers a Cup? Oh, the ifs and maybes of sport.
And to think we lost a damn good up and coming player at the rime Peter Frosberg for Lindros But on the plus side he packed em in at the home games and the team racked up hugh jersey sales in the end i wouldn't say they got burned as he had a some what decent career but he'c no hall of famer
Jerseygirl Jen