Thread: I remember when
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

sesame has a spectacular aura aboutsesame has a spectacular aura about
Cool Windowless perspective

I worked with DOS in my childhood.
I started computing at the last phase of Lotus-123.
Bill Gates had not yet bought Wordstar and Excel.
Windows was yet to come. But Assembly language
& Basic were already goners.

I wonder why did they make us study obsolete languages so hard!!
Morons! What a waste of our time! We could be studying C, C++,
which were on full swing at that era! The Education Dept. is still filled with incompetent, Unimaginative people.

As soon as Bill Gates bought Excel, Wordster and launched Windows with office suite, an invisible war began to get the contenders out of the scene. So, Lotus Suite had to go. MsExcel took it's place. Wordstar became MsWord. Gates bought small programmes like Paint and what not! And DOS experts had nothing else to do but suck thumbs!

Those who stuck with DOS, Basic or C, did so only as a hobby, out of nostalgia for those fine programmes... and labeled themselves as the Old School. The "Brave New World" had no longer any room for outdated technology.

Regarding modern languages, I think Java is here to stay, C++ is still at work beneath the surface. But .Net, magnificent as it is, will be relaced by some new toy out of the sleeve of Bill Gates. He will do this to keep pace with the competition and also for earning another pile of billions. Businessmen dont like it peaceful and stagnant.

Last edited by sesame; 08-08-2009 at 08:42 AM.