View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

JenniferParisFan has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauls View Post
I didn't see the Arsenal game, but the result surprised me. I thought the second leg would be a lot closer, but for once Bendtner converted some of his chances, unlike the previous weekend against Burnley when he missed at least three really good ones.

Last night AC Milan were disappointing. Before Man U scored their first goal, Milan had a couple of chances, before Rooney scored his first goal against the run of play. Milan only looked like scoring again once Beckham came on as a sub.

I don't think Lyon beating Real Madrid is as big a shock as people are thinking. Lyon won the French title 7 consecutive seasons before missing out in 2008/09 and they are in the top 4 again this season. They played a really good 1st leg and last night managed to stay in the game before scoring the all important away goal. Real Madrid may have spent 200M Euros on players last summer, but they failed to spend enough on their defence, and if Lyon hadn't beaten them I'm sure Man U, Bayern or one of the other top European sides would have found their way through the Madrid defence.

The Arsenal game was great, for us atleast, Nasri and Arshavin couldn't be stopped and as you noted Bendtner finally remembered that he's supposed to shoot inside the post if he wants to score.

I missed the Man U-AC Milan game, I was personally more surprised by that score than any of the others. I had a feeling Arsenal was going to win big, ever since the Stoke game and Ramsey's injury they've been playing with a real purpose and determination and the Burnley game should have ended 5-1 if not more. I'm getting this feeling that they're going to win something this year, but I think the Premier League is much more likely than the Champions League.

Lyon are actually my 3rd favorite team after Arsenal and Barcelona but I don't get to see them play very much here in America. They did lose both Juninho and Benzema this season, so to see them take down a team as talented as Real Madrid was definately shocking to me. I hope they keep playing well.

Can't wait to see the Chelsea-Inter game at Stamford. Hopefully Inter don't play too cautiously and atleast try to make it an interesting game.