View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

TheSkronkDonkey will become famous soon enoughTheSkronkDonkey will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
I don't want to speak for the OP, but in general the purpose of celebrating "minorities" and their contributions is not to make the point that their contributions to society were made because they are black, or transgender, or whatever, but to point out that people make contributions regardless of such things. "History month"-type celebrations are meant to take an opportunity to step back and remind the world that despite their best efforts to do otherwise, white men cannot take credit for everything.
Yes, thank you for breathing some SANITY into my thread.

I'd also like to thank this community for its enthusiastic response to my inquiry, made on behalf of a friend, looking to bring some light and understanding to the world. Thanks to fine folk like franalexes, Natalie_J and randolph, I have lots of well-argued, insightful ideas to feed back to him, as well as a magnanimous assurance that he is doing something positive with his time and energy. Thanks to the plethora of thoughtful, open-minded and highly-supportive responses about a subject you've confirmed is near and dear to all your hearts, he'll be knocking this societal-wide bigotry on the head in no time. Cheers one and all!