View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

Hourglass is on a distinguished road

Interesting notion.

I am not attracted to other men, really. I can appreciate a guy being good-looking or whatever (admittedly that may stem from my being jealous of them) but I've no wish to date or be intimate with another male. I have no problems at all with people who do (one of my old friends from high school was gay, in fact). It's all about who you are attracted to.

I think you made a stellar point about society being more accepting of a person who is gay than of a person who is transgendered. Granted, there are still a lot of shallow, unaccepting people out there in the world. But I think on across a broader level, being a guy who's with another guy will bring you far less ridicule than being a guy who's with a shemale.

Why is this? I don't know...the reasons for human beings' unwillingness to accept or understand anyone who isn't "one of us" is a staple of the species; It has been that way for centuries and will continue to be. I don't think we'll ever truly understand why people judge others the way they do.

The one thing I do know is this: You have to be content with who you are and who you are attracted to, society be damned.
If you're attracted to a shemale because of their...equipment...then that's just who you are. Notice that I said who and not what; I frown upon human beings being so focused on labeling themselves (but that's another topic). You shouldn't take the mindset that you have to change what (or who) you want because of what's easier. I'm willing to bet there are a number of our beloved T-girls out there who could tell you the same thing.

You should not feel like you have to resort to one path or the another - straight, bi, gay, whathaveyou - for the sake of it being easier to deal with. If you're attracted to the male member and think you'd like the person it's attached to, go for it. Guy? Shemale? Doesn't matter. Liking a penis doesn't "make" you anything, and what other people might say or think is irrelevant.

Oh, and...to answer your question, no.

Last edited by Hourglass; 05-18-2010 at 08:54 PM.