View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to smc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine_N41_432 View Post
Has anyone found any statistics on Transgender deaths, comparing perhaps rates of suicide by non-persecuted Transgenders against murders by bigoted hate-crime individuals ? ( I would include in the latter any suicides resulting from unremitting social persecution ).

How far do authorities turn the blind eye to Transgender Rights by blocking events such as the one which is the subjects of this thread ?

Any good websites on the above ?

My heart saddens at Man's inhumanity to Man

How could you distinguish a suicide resulting from "unremitting social persecution" from one that is undertaken by a "non-persecuted transgender"? If someone commits suicide because she or he feels disconnected from the world and feels no reason to live, and that person is transgender, do we assume that the general "persecution" that comes from living in a world that is unforgiving of differences (even in the absence of any hard evidence of outright bullying, violence, or whatever) is of no consequence? Do we put that person in the "non-persecuted" category?

As for the question of the authorities, the answer is that in most places, the "authorities" (by which I assume you mean law enforcement) is openly hostile to transgender people, or at best indifferent. There are pockets of places in the United States, for instance, where things may be a bit better (because a lot of transgender people have chosen to live there -- e.g., Northampton, Massachusetts), but the general rule is that the "authorities" reflect the worst impulses to be found in the general public.