View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

sosed is on a distinguished road
Default Transexuals through history

Well, my question is unusual, but maybe here are members, who are historiers or archeologists or just people, who knows if that kind of historical researches were done. Transsexual persons are not something, what happened only in last century, but were for sure also in other historical times and societies. I know history and archeology only in last times research life of ordinary people, but would be interesting to see, how different societies in different times see and relate with trans persons and how they try to help them.

Maybe the most interesting could be ancient Egyptians, because they were very free and open society, who respect every life, be it of human, be it of animal and where males and females have the same rights, legal protection and freedom and were equal, because in their religion gods and godesses works as devine couples. Egyptians were also very strict to write everything and they left a lot of mummified bodies, scientists could research. They have also very advanced medicine and kirurgy for their time. I wonder how they see transpersons? Did they see them as ill or mad persons or they accept and understand them and try to help them as they could. Of course they could not change their bodies as we could now, but there are also very interesting statues of Pharaoh Ehnathon, which have very feminine curves.

Moderators could place this treat in more proper section if this not belong here.

Last edited by sosed; 08-17-2011 at 01:56 PM. Reason: To add some text