View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
My experience is that women are very reluctant to have phone or social contact even if you click really strongly on a board, thanks in large part to the haters who have made them so legitimately fearful of taking any chance that a genuinely nice guy like me might actually turn out to be dangerous. This is very frustrating, because I am a very good friend to have and that's what I'd like even more than romance.
Not to mention the anonymity factor. It is really hard to find out a person's true personality through contact via the internet and the phone alone. A person can say that they are one way, but be totally opposite in the "real world"(heck, they might not even be the person they are purporting to be!) Even webcams aren't a sure bet, since they have been used to perpetuate a falsehood in the past.

If this helps at all, I think you're a good guy smc.