Thread: Barack Obama
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008
Ms Tranny Manners

Bionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to behold

Perhaps the Brits you see posting on the Internet have a common "feel" to them because England (and France, and Holand, and Spain) have a history of fucking up foreign countries for their particular benefit, having that blow up in their face, and causing tremendous harm to actual living breathing people and being called out for it.

It's also about perception - What you may see as the US going in and helping another country remain stable is seen by others as America acting as like a bully on the world stage. Since no action taken in a foreign country is ever fully altruistic, having motives questioned by our allies keeps the "big dogs" in check.

As far as McCain/Palin and their social politics....

Lots of Conservative gays and trans*people and the guys who like us love to talk about how their main focus is foreign policy and/or economics. Well bully for you. The Real ID Act the McCain and Palin support will make it EVER HARDER for pre and non- op gals to get a basic job that doesn't involve sex work. Do you get the economic impact of that?

The current Patriot Act (I love how Conservatives are so dismissive about how no actual Americans have anything to worry about with the PA) outs Transfolks every time they get a non-sex work job, with a recommendation (initially an INSTRUCTION) to fire/not hire that person because their gender documentation doesn't match, thus they are a security risk. Again, Conservative economics on a micro hitting me in the purse level.