View Single Post
Old 08-21-2020
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by a9127 View Post
As I began my new position as Executive in Residence at my university last week, I started cleaning out my home office as well. This is the program I wrote way back in grade school with one of my teachers. It was called “Chart Analyst for Windows.” My dad got his attorney to write up a license agreement and also to keep the teacher from taking advantage. As he always said "trust nobody." The program was written in C++. I did most of the coding.

Thought this might be of interest here as it’s all pretty obsolete now. Especially the “modem settings” routine. 1994? 1994??? Christ! I guess it was what it was. I still have an external 3½ USB drive. May try “installing” it later tonight to see what happens?

Anyway it didn’t make me the next “Bill Gates” but I made enough money to buy a Corvette for my 16th birthday some years later. Invested the rest.

Eventually this venture became the basis for the market research consulting firm I now own.

Last picture. Black of course. Six speed manual. Z51 suspension. HUD. At my parent’s home in Michigan. Spring Break 2000. Would’ve taken Dove Cameron out but she was only 4.
The background information is very interesting. I especially like the modem settings. That brought back a lot of memories. I've still got my booklet on modems and baud rate (part of my trade and I had to know it all). I'll have to pull it out to see if I can find any little nuggets in there to pass on.