View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

sosed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
Your initial statement goes against statistical evidence. It may be correct that you "personally didn't meet any" transgendered people in Europe, but that does not mean they don't exist. They are certainly at the same level of the population as anywhere else in the world.

The notion that people in certain nations have a higher possibility of being born transgendered is quite unscientific, as all scientific research to date points to predilections in gender identity as being in-born and having nothing to do with where one is born.

However, self-identity and revealing one's self to others as transgendered is most definitely influenced by environment. In a country that accepts a "third sex" more openly than in other countries (e.g., Thailand), it makes scientific sense that people would feel more comfortable revealing that they are trangendered.
I didn't say they don't exist, but that I think they are rare. The only statement is, that i didn't meet any.

Why unscientific? Number of transgendered people born in 1000 born people is just a parameter, which show where is higher possibility, someone is born transgendered. I agree with you, that in some environment people are more open to transgendered persons and they are not so hiden than in other environments, that is why maybe statistics could not show real image. On the other hand medics for sure have correct statistics, how many persons have gender disorders. If you have real parameter of number of transgendered people born on 1000 people, you could see, where is number higher and where is lower. Where is higher number you start to look what is the cause of this. Maybe it is in genes in people who live there or it is other influence in time of pregnancy, which is more common in specific environment. It's like the researches of cancer, why in some environments cancer is more often than in others and maybe they find more cancerogenic elements in environments or that there are other reasons (genes mutations, industry with toxic pollutions in air or water, etc).

I didn't give statements and facts. What I wrote were retorical questions and samples of causes for a way to think about it.