View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to smc

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosed View Post
I think this question is excellent. I think here in Europe transpersons are quite rare. I personally didn't meet any, neither in a way, that I could say maybe he/she is a trans person.

Maybe we could be here more precise if we talk about persons, who are born unsynchronized and have brains and bodies of different gender. Maybe in Asia and Latin America they are in larger number, because there is larger number of population. But more interesting would be a statistic, how many unsynchronized persons are born on 1000 persons. In that way we could see, if some environments cause more unsynchronized persons to be born than in other environments and what are these causes, which make that happened, like that maybe in genes of some nations is higher possibility, that person is born unsynchronized.
Your initial statement goes against statistical evidence. It may be correct that you "personally didn't meet any" transgendered people in Europe, but that does not mean they don't exist. They are certainly at the same level of the population as anywhere else in the world.

The notion that people in certain nations have a higher possibility of being born transgendered is quite unscientific, as all scientific research to date points to predilections in gender identity as being in-born and having nothing to do with where one is born.

However, self-identity and revealing one's self to others as transgendered is most definitely influenced by environment. In a country that accepts a "third sex" more openly than in other countries (e.g., Thailand), it makes scientific sense that people would feel more comfortable revealing that they are trangendered.