View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

hankhavelock is just really nicehankhavelock is just really nicehankhavelock is just really nicehankhavelock is just really nicehankhavelock is just really nice
Send a message via Yahoo to hankhavelock Send a message via Skype™ to hankhavelock

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
Why is there so much sand in the desert? Why is there water in the ocean? Dont question it people just enjoy it. lol In all seriousness asian cultures are more tolerant of gay and trans people so people are not afraid to live as they choose.
I think that questioning things is the only way to get ahead - and questioning transsexuality and its whereabouts CERTAINLY doesn't prohibit me from thoroughly enjoying it...

I agree and I disagree with your statement of Asian tolerans of gay and trans culture. Yes, it's more prevalent here and as such more visible, however, I cannot really say that the tolerans is much greater than for example Denmark where I come from. And trans*tolerans in Denmark is basicly non existing...

Besides, the gay tolerans and the trans tolerans are two very different matters.

However, you are very right in the sense that there appears to be many more gays here in Asia (and obviously many more trans*ppl than any where else) and that in this regard the "openness" is seductively "real".

But true acceptance? I'm not so sure about that. I live in Asia, I'm surrounded by my little gorgeous trannies, and most of them make a living from prostitution... the lucky ones become hair dressers... and only a very tiny minority makes it into academics... so the socalled "openness" here is questionable...