View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012
Senior Ladyboy Lover

aussiepride is infamous around these partsaussiepride is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousMattUK View Post
The World Club Challenge is taken very seriously by our clubs it's a shame the NRL clubs and certainly the Australian Rugby League media don't treat it with more respect although I can understand, on one hand, why they don't.

To be honest I'm grateful the reigning NRL premiers come over each year as it's a long way to come for one match or one trial and then the match.

I do keep a keen eye on the NRL. The whole culture over in Australia is different to that in the UK regarding Rugby League. It's one I admire and a culture I wish we had. Football or "Soccer" as you might know it best is most prominent here and Rugby League in some quarters is considered a "minor" sport which is a shame.

When I started this topic I wasn't sure if I'd get any responses so I'm pleased I've found some people with a couple of common interests.
it may be a minor sport over there, but still pulls 30k crowds to games.
some of our clubs i swear they inflate crowd figures and are still as low as a few thousand.
we have a new indepandant commission to govern the game starting this season, they saying one benefit is increase pay for players, so maybe we wont be seeing as many of ours heading over to uk.