View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008
Ms Tranny Manners

Bionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie View Post
no one should be hurt and especially not killed for being themselves- There is a war inside all of us between good and evil- unfortunately, evil wins out in some people's soul so that they have to "control" others even if it means maining and killing them- I feel it begins in the school play yard and progresses on, sometimes unchecked and even encouraged, until it results in lost of life..may we, all, have peace and compassion in our souls and heart..
Exactly!

Kids are encouraged to "other" people who are not like them. Parents are so often to blame, but also the messages we send as a society compound this by not challenging the assumptions kids have or are fed by parents. To bring this back to the specific topic, in nearly every case where a trans* murder is reported, the media reports the woman as a man - provides the victem's birth name, with their lived name provided like it was a nickname Fred "Michelle" Smith (for example). Male pronouns are used, and there is always either the assumption that she worked as a prostitute, or that she deceived her murderer. The victem becomes partly to blame, and by default the murderer is less to blame. If the reporters can't get this right, then parents can't educate their children and a new generation of kids grows up with false assumptions and feeds their children the same information.