View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

violet lightning is a name known to allviolet lightning is a name known to allviolet lightning is a name known to allviolet lightning is a name known to allviolet lightning is a name known to allviolet lightning is a name known to all
Default "Dune" vs "Dune"

Transgen mentioned that the original "Dune" was boring, and even though I like it, I have agree with her somewhat. I loved the books, but they were long and very hard for me to get into at first. They were very detailed but well written.
The original movie was too ambitious I think, and tried to do too much. I liked it because of the special effects mainly, but at times it was boring, and would especially be so to anyone not familiar with the books, since they left out so much. The casting was great except for Sting.
But...
The mini-series was way better!!! Much , much better screenplay, great FX, good to excellent casting, and much more understandable and enjoyable. It makes more sense, and since its longer, its able to include more from the books including alot more character development and backstory.
In short, the mini series was a much more enjoyable experience, even though its longer. To me, its similar to the way BSG was reimagined and became a limited series.