View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009
Junior Ladyboy Lover

meja is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankhavelock View Post
I agree with you completely - and just watch the opponents I get :-) In general I think this whole castration fetish thing is dangerous to even allow on a forum dealing with transsexuality.
It is one thing to agree with what ila actually wrote in his post, but it is another thing entirely to add your own comments and then claim you agree 100% I don't see anything in ila's post that comes close to saying this...

Quote:
It's a fetish and no more than that. It has NOTHING to do with gender identification or SRS.
I also want to point out that according to your profile, you are not transgendered. So when you are making statements about trans-people focusing too much on their genitalia, as you did in another thread, you are not speaking from personal experience, that is just your opinion. The reality is you are on the outside looking in.... and besides that the glass is frosted. By frosted what I mean is that every person's experience is unique.

What is right and true for one person rarely holds true for others, even when those people are members of a similar group, such as transgendered people. Further more there are more transgendered people than you will ever meet, so you can't really even hope to come up with what holds true in most cases. That being the case it would be best if you let trans people speak for themselves. That isn't just about you either. I think very often other transgender people go too far that same regard.

I am transgendered and I don't speak for my niece who is transitioning and was formerly my nephew. Her experiences are entirely her own. Only she can know what is best for her, and how far she wants to transition. If she decides to have an orchiectomy, it certainly won't be my place to say whether or not her motivation is appropriate or just a fetish. The best advice I can give her is to take her time and be sure she really wants to make this permanent change. The best advice anyone can give to a transperson is to rush slowly. Beyond that it's best to just... well just don't go there.

For what it's worth, I am not at all concerned about your opinion or that fact that it conflicts with my own. What bothers me is how you state as an absolute fact.

Finally if you see this as an attack, I would say maybe you need be a little less defensive, but then that is just my opinion, and it is OK for us to have different opinions, as long as we own up to it.