View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sucks.you View Post
Sharks won their pre-season opener v. Anaheim 6-1. I didn't see/hear the game, but the stats are pretty dominant.

Clowe and Couture put in a decent appearance, 12-15 minutes, but it was largely young guys playing for both teams. Greiss was in goal for the whole game.

None of the big new trades played, Havlat, Handzus, Burns, etc. New D-men Jim Vandermeer and Colin White played though. Brad Winchester (who I used to "hate") is now with the Sharks, getting an assist and penalty. :-)

I'm looking forward to seeing a pre-season game soon, and seeing how things start shaking out.

K
I think the Sharks might be in a little trouble with their goaltending. According to an article at tsn.ca, Niittymaki will be out for 12 weeks due to hip surgery. Of course, Niemi is their #1, so it might not affect them overly much.