View Single Post
Old 05-30-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

new believer will become famous soon enough

I hope this does not carry on too much longer ,we're boring the heck out if many.
Your quote...Now imagine that writ large, as in a school. Most public schools for Black students received far less per-capita funding than did their nearby white counterpart schools. And almost without exception, all other facilities and social services for Blacks were of lower quality than those for whites.

"Separate but equal" was also used in social contexts to forbid interracial marriage and underpinned every effort to keep Blacks from exercising the right to vote, by creating "equality" in the right to register to vote, but keeping things "separate" by establishing all sorts of ridiculous hurdles for "colored" registration.

Hence, white privilege. And I haven't even mentioned housing, jobs, or many other things I could bring up.

You may have been right for 1955,about 100 years ago now, but if you read stats from public records,You will find your argument over schools , benifits etc. are outdated.(that's maybe why you used past tense) I work were I come in contact at times with both 'classes' and from personal knowledge, todays social graces bend further toward 'minorities' in every aspect. Maybe that's why more 'whites' which includes gays and transgenders having to work for their wants rather than just saying "I'm not white,so you owe me" and getting more than I have to work for. Please do not try to say it's not so because in my line of work, I travel through various cities and it's the same. One more thing on school funding, All schools get truckloads of money with as much waste and disappearing goods as gov. agencies. The difference you might notice is when more 'things' are wanted in white districts,(I don't want this as a racial debate,but these are facts) then they have loads of drives/fundraisers. This is very rarely or never seen in non white districts.
The few gays I know see and live the same troubles as I. I won't harass the forum talking about reverse discrimination other than it has and does affect myself and others I know in various ways.
My apologies to the readers for this topic and it's emotional touchings. I agree 100% with SMC this is not the place to bring this up.