Thread: Baseball
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
Didn't you catch what followed the Pirates reference? "No, seriously ..."

I loved watching the Pirates back in the Willie Stargell days (okay, the crazy uniforms were a bit much to take), but I think Major League Baseball ought to step in and take that team away from the owners and force a sale to someone who cares!

(I knew you'd get the Riel reference. But I bet you didn't expect me to make that reference, my friend.)
I remember reading about the Harold Ballard days for the Toronto Maple Leafs. He did not give a shit whether or not the team did well so he put the crappiest(cheapest) team that he possibly could on the ice so he could get as much money in his pockets as possible. Thank goodness he is no longer the owner. With the Pirates, it seems like that is the exact same thought process for the owner. As long as money is being made, why would more money need to be spent on players?

You're usually pretty good for a reference or two on any given night.