View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

CreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAngryPostman View Post
Universal health care for all is diluted health care for all.
Go buy or earn your health care or have the decency to wander off and die.
Interesting sentiment since the NUMBER ONE THING that all doctors swear to is the Hippocratic Oath, which specifically states:

I will remember that I do not treat a fever chart, a cancerous growth, but a sick human being, whose illness may affect the person's family and economic stability. My responsibility includes these related problems, if I am to care adequately for the sick.

I will prevent disease whenever I can, for prevention is preferable to cure.

I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm.

So, I think your basic attitude of "go fuck off and die" if someone has trouble either buying their health care (in those instances where their employer won't supply a company plan) or they have trouble keeping up with modern costs is a bit out of touch with the basic duties that doctors are charged with doing and even swear to uphold -- namely helping ALL that are sick or in pain or in need.