View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila View Post
I have some horrific news to report. A transwoman was attacked at a McDonalds in Baltimore. She was so severely beaten that she went into a seizure. One thing that really disturbed me, in addition to this woman getting beaten, is that patrons (except for one older lady) and staff (it appears the manager did try to help) of the restaurant did nothing to halt the attack. Instead cell phone cameras were turned on to video the whole attack. My heart goes out to this woman and I sincerely hope that she makes a full recovery. She may require financial help with her medical bills. If so, I intend to donate and I will post a link here of where others may donate.

This is the link to the vicious beating:

http://brittanyts.com/Blog/2011/04/d...nder-customer/

There is also a follow up story that reports two suspects have been arrested. This is the link to that news story:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...,4613709.story
It is quite disheartening that this happens as often as it does. I don't just mean with the woman that was beaten in the article, but the fact that there are so many cowardly people that prefer to take pictures or videos just so they can be the "first" to post them on YouTube or other social media.

Numerous fights, stabbings, and other violent crimes have had this occur. I just don't understand the mentality of people today. It's like their empathy "button" is turned off. I don't blame video games or television like some of the "experts" do. I think that people need to take responsibility for their own actions(or lack thereof, in the case of idiotic bystanders that would prefer to "egg on" the thugs perpetrating these acts of cowardice).

Standing by and doing nothing because your life could seriously be in danger(a person could have a weapon for one thing) is one thing, but standing by acting like you are at a party is another. In this case I think the women could have been prevented from further hurting the woman being attacked, but the majority of people chose not to. While not as guilty as the cowardly woman doing the attacking, they are certainly guilty of gross indifference.

I just hope the woman makes a full recovery (and I hope that her continued progress can be posted in this thread), and that the two gutless pukes get sentenced to a decent amount of jailtime.