View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

BlueRaven88 is infamous around these partsBlueRaven88 is infamous around these partsBlueRaven88 is infamous around these partsBlueRaven88 is infamous around these partsBlueRaven88 is infamous around these parts
Send a message via MSN to BlueRaven88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Bad!! View Post
I don't like grunge (I can bear only a little Soundgarden, but I totally hate Nirvana), and I fine modern alt rock and mainstream rock like Nickelback and Seether to be extremely dull, samey and boring.

I actually have a few dreams: a power metal group, a melodeath one or one to play nowadays obscure hair metal.
But I'm quite happy with what I play now. I love AC/DC, GnR and Kiss. I find modern rock bands to be the real "tryhards", 'cause they try to rock as hard as the old bands but always fail.
Lol I will admit that yes, Seether does get it's main influence from Nirvana, but the new bands don't rock as hard as the old ones? HAHAHAHAHA! Tell that to Lamb of God, Parkway Drive, Hatebreed, Bleeding through and many more; and Nickelback are trying to live up to no one's name. They are a unique band with no discernable influences in their songs, and at least all the new bands now adays have some decent grinding melodies to them (Nirvana had it also) and meaningfull lyrics, whereas retards like Kiss just basically sung about partying and gay crap like that, and AC/DC and GnR had no meaningful lyrics whatsoever, and all 3 bands (apart from the guitar solos in guns and roses, slash just plain melts faces) had very bland generic melodies to them.

If you want to follow up on more of Slash's work, he is now in a band called Velvet Revolver. They aren't half bad, but still aren't as good as the modern-day, bass-heavy singers, grinding music melody bands of today