View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010
Ms Tranny Manners

Bionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to behold

@Jodie - yes, the first few years are pretty messy. We are going through puberty all over again - the only up side is we know what's happening, so we can kinda muddle through with our self respect and most relationships intact.

In many ways the first few years of transition we are equally destroying our old lives while building our new ones. Job, friends, family, relationships... everything is in flux and nothing is certain. Our self-image takes routine beatings as we look kinda awkward and get easily clocked. Our focus is often on saving/making money for surgeries and hormones to the point of obsession (see previous sentence).

While I had a serious relationship with a guy through the first 7 years of my transition, in retrospect I sure wouldn't have dated me.